I have a bit of time off of work, so aside from work around the house, I’m going to tweak my site a bit. I’ve added some fun things, most of which are behind the scenes. As I said before, I’m using wp-photos for management and it’s turning out to be a good little package. Here are some of the changes I’ve made:
- I’ve added the random shots you can see on the left hand side of the page. Each time the page reloads, 5 random shots are pulled from the database and displayed.
- I added the ability to selectively add photos from a directory. WP-photos, by default, loads up all the pictures in a directory. I wanted to only add certain ones so I can minimize the number of directories I need to create.
- EXIF data is displayed for each photo at the bottom of the page.
- Another behind the scene tweak is the ability to add additional photos from another directory.
- I integrated fotobuzz to my pictures. This allows me to add comments on specific parts of a photo. You can check it out here.
I’ve also tweaked the layout of the site and came up with a new background image that gives the site more color. I want to continue to edit wp-photos to add a couple of things:
- I want to be able to selectively delete photos.
- Using fotobuzz makes it difficult to get back to the album list, so I’m going to give the viewer the ability to see or not see a fotobuzz enabled page.